Traffic signal outage in Covington County | News
The following is a press release for the Mississippi Department of Transportation:
The Mississippi Department of Transportation would like to inform the public of a traffic signal outage on Highway 49 in Covington County.
Due to a recent accident that damaged a traffic signal at the intersection of Highway 49 and Old Highway 49 in Collins, MDOT crews will be performing repairs on the damaged equipment. Repairs are expected to be complete on Thursday, August 2. The signal will not be operational during the time of the repairs.
MDOT encourages motorists to use caution when traveling through the work zone.
For the most up-to-date information in your area, please visit www.MDOTtraffic.com and sign up for your traffic alerts. Also, visit http://www.MDOTtraffic.com/mobile to get the latest traffic information from MDOTtraffic.com on your mobile device. MDOT advises the public to pull off the road to a safe location if you need to check the MDOTtraffic.com website while driving. MDOT’s number one concern is the safety of the traveling public.
Upcoming Events near Covington County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked