“Light Up Covington County” Contest | Community Spirit
The Covington County Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring “Light Up Covington County,” a lighting and decorating contest for county residents and business owners. Categories include Traditional, Whimsical and Religious. There will be an overall resident and business winner in each town. Registration forms can be picked up at the local city or town halls.
- November 23, 24 & 25 - KA Pottery Open House from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- November 29 - Collins Christmas Parade at 5:30 p.m. Entertainment 6 p.m. DRAWS FOR CHAMBER DOLLARS AT 6:30 p.m. Parade
- November 29 – 9th Annual Christmas in the Park Opens
- December 29 - Bettie D. Robertson Memorial Park – (Collins City Park) Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights only 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- December 1-2 - Ka Pottery Open House. 7 &14 “Christmastime in the City” Businesses open house, music by local musicians, a special visit from Santa, Mrs. Claus and the elves from 5 p.m. -7 p.m.
- November 30 - Christmas Parade at 5:30 p.m.
- December 1- Christmas Celebration at 4 p.m. crafts 7 p.m. parade - lighting of the Christmas tree
- December 7 - “Christmas on Main” - businesses open house, front porch gatherings,
caroling and entertainment at 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
For more information call the Convington County Chamber of Commerce at 601-765-6012.